Keto Black Widow Smash
I'm not a huge bourbon fan, that would be my hubby, but when served up like this my opinion sure has changed...
Such a fun festive drink for Halloween that could easily transition into the holidays with a couple tweaks...
Subbing cranberries for blackberries and cinnamon bitters rather than aromatic bitters...
And a little name swap as well "Keto Christmas Jingle Cocktail..."
Ok so back to my Black Widow Smash because it is still October and no need to get ahead of myself...
Here's the Scoop
- For theSimple Syrup
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons granulated monkfruit?
- peel of one orange
- 1 sprig rosemary
For the Smash
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 8 dashes aromatic bitters
- 6 ounces bourbon
- 1 cup club soda
- In a small saucepan set to medium heat, add water, sweetener, orange peel, and rosemary.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- In cocktail shaker, muddle together blackberries and rosemary leaves.
- Add in simple syrup, bitters, bourbon and ice.
- Shake well.
- Pour into 4 crushed ice filled glasses and top each with about 1/4 cup club soda.
- Garnish with skewered blackberries and a rosemary sprig.
And now you have a not only delicious guilt free, keto, low carb, paleo and gluten free cocktail, but one that's absolutely beautiful and sure to wow your guests.
If you're anything like me you'll enJOY it best cuddled up on the sofa with Hocus Pocus, a cozy fire and most importantly your loved ones.